IMODIUM® products have helped bring diarrhoea relief to millions of diarrhoea sufferers globally for almost 40 years. During this time we've collected a lot of knowledge about diarrhoea, its causes and symptoms, and especially how to treat it. Here are some of the questions we're asked most often, along with our answers.
If you need to report an adverse event or side effect from one of our products, please call us at: Australia 1800 029 979 New Zealand 0800 44 6147
If you have a question about our products, please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions, to see if these help prior to contacting us.
1. What is diarrhoea?
2. What causes acute (short-lived) diarrhoea?
3. Should I treat diarrhoea?
4. Do I need a prescription for IMODIUM® products?
5. Isn't it better to let diarrhoea run its natural course to get rid of the bugs?
6. Can children use IMODIUM® products?
7. Do oral rehydration solutions treat diarrhoea?
8. Can I use IMODIUM® products if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
9. Can IMODIUM® products cause constipation?
10. Why do I suffer from diarrhoea on holiday?
11. Why do I always seems to suffer from diarrhoea when I eat and drink large amounts?
12. When I have to make speeches I get so nervous that I get an upset stomach. Why is this?
13. My stomach can be sensitive to spicy foods. What can I do about it?
14. Why do I often get diarrhoea during my period?
15. I'm embarrased about asking for a diarrhoea treatment at the pharmacy. What can I do?
16. What do I do if my children get diarrhoea?
17. What should I do if I'm unsure about what's causing my recurring diarrhoea?
18. What is the difference between IMODIUM® Advanced and IMODIUM® Capsules or IMODIUM® Zapid?
If this does not answer your question and you still wish to contact us, please contact us here.