Diarrhoea During Pregnancy
Always ask your healthcare professional before use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding & have diarrhoea. There are other ways of relieving symptoms that maybe you haven't thought about.
Diarrhoea & Pregnancy
If you are unwell, you should consult your healthcare professional first, and find out what options are available. They may recommend an alternative treatment, some of which can be very effective.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Take plenty of rest, as you will almost certainly feel tired.
- Drink as much water or clear fluids as possible. If you have the appetite, you could try juices and soups too.
- Eat small, light meals, including carbohydrate-rich foods, such as bread, potatoes, pasta or rice. Try to avoid rich or spicy foods.
- A daily probiotic yoghurt or drink can help your digestive system get back to normal.
- Give yourself enough time to recover.
You can experience diarrhoea during pregnancy. You should tell your healthcare professional.